Care homes Boscobel Road, St. Leonards on Sea, Hastings, East Sussex, TN38 0LX, 01424 719393 View on map
Welcome to Bethune Court
Anchor's Bethune Court in St Leonards on Sea is a trusted provider of residential care for elderly people and we offer specialised services for elderly people who wish to maintain their independence whilst receiving support for personal care, health needs and the early stages of dementia.
Our care home’s well trained and helpful staff provide 24-hour care and support to help you maintain your chosen lifestyle, adapting as your needs change.
At Bethune Court activities play an important role and we aim to enhance our residents’ quality of life by providing a varied range of social activities.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our catering with our chef preparing meals daily from fresh, seasonal ingredients.
Set in a quiet location with views over the English Channel and located in its own beautiful grounds, Bethune Court care home is close to local services and amenities, such as public transport, shops, cafes and pubs.
In times of uncertainty, Anchor is a care provider you can depend on. We are proudly not-for-profit with 50 years of experience.
Come and visit us at any time. We’re here to help and look forward to giving you a warm welcome.
The service at Bethune Court is performing very well
Shared facilities complementing each private residence:
- Engaging activities programme
- Communal lounge
- Hairdressing salon
Care and support
In addition to residential care, we also offer:
- Respite care
- Palliative care
- Dementia care
- Parkinson's disease
- Personalised care plans
Food and dining
We promote wellbeing through a positive dining experience:
- Communal dining area
- Visitors are welcome to join residents for meals
Life at Bethune Court
At Bethune Court care home, we provide quality 24-hour residential elderly care and specialist care for residents who wish to maintain their independence though may require support for personal care, health needs or early signs of dementia.
We support and develop our staff on an ongoing basis to enable them to provide the highest quality care for our residents.
At our home we have:
- The services of a visiting library
- Easy access to lounges with views across the English Channel on each floor
- Pets are welcome following a discussion with the Manager
- A mobile shop for small items
- A selection of games and activities
- A hairdressing salon open twice weekly
- All areas are easily wheelchair accessible
- A lift provides easy access to all floors
- A personal laundry facility and laundry service
- A pay telephone or the facility for a private telephone line in each room.
- Regular religious services and meetings should you wish to take part
- Newspapers which can be ordered and delivered daily to your room
- Attractive and private areas for family and visitors
- All flats have an en-suite
- Each floor as a specialist equipped bath
- Visiting entertainers who provide yoga, theatre, martial arts, quizzes etc
- Hastings town centre is 2 miles away and can be reached using excellent bus services
- The nearest hospital is The Conquest
- Warrior Square Railway Station is 0.5 miles away
- A theatre, swimming pool, golf course and supermarket are all within easy travelling distance
Bethune Court is a unique, purpose-built residence which was designed to provide care for elderly people. Set in a quiet location and in its own grounds, Bethune Court has 45 flats all of which have en-suite facilities. All flats have attractive views, with the majority featuring the English Channel.
Our home is fully furnished and decorated to a high standard with a call system which ensures that help is at hand 24 hours a day.
We also have:
- The majority of rooms have views of the sea and English Channel
- A television point and connections for satellite and digital TV
- Tea-making facilities available to make drinks for you and your visitors
- Telephone points in each room
Other accommodation facilities include:
- Large cosy lounges with TVs and quiet areas for reading and relaxing
- Bathrooms specially equipped so you can relax in comfort
- Safe, enclosed gardens
We encourage you to bring small personal items to enhance your room.
We know how important mealtimes are and like them to be a sociable and enjoyable part of the day. Our experienced chefs attend Anchor's Cater Craft training course which enables them to understand the nutritional requirements of elderly people and to ensure all meals are prepared from fresh, seasonal ingredients.
We serve tasty, wholesome, good food and our menus change regularly with a daily choice available. We also cater for residents with special dietary needs and create a “dining atmosphere” by decorating these areas in colours that stimulate the appetite and create ambiance.
Our staff respect individual preferences. All these factors boost residents appetites and enable them to enjoy their meal, which is essential in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Our care home organises and arranges a variety of opportunities for our residents to enjoy daily activities in our home and in the local community.
We work in partnership with the National Association for Providers of Activities for Older People (NAPA) and encourage activities that enhance our residents’ lifestyle, health and wellbeing.
Residents preferred activities, interests and ability are discussed when they move in and an agreed plan ensures that these requests are fulfilled (wherever possible). Our residents’ suggestions for activities also help shape the planning process.
We organise supervised day trips to leisure facilities and places of interest as well as social events in the home, including themed restaurant evenings, arts and crafts, quizzes and regular entertainers.
At Bethune Court our caring and attentive staff work with our residents and their loved ones to create a detailed care plan which ensures our residents individual health and care needs are met.
We know how important it is to care for our residents with the dignity and respect they deserve and this is at the heart of what we do at Bethune Court care home.
Our commitment to advanced dementia training for our staff has helped the Department of Health pass its goal of 3,000 Dignity Champions nationwide.
Our health and social care partners include:
- A GP who is available on request
- A hairdresser visits every week
- A chiropodist visits on request
- A dentist and optician who visit the home and other health professionals
- The district nurse and physiotherapist who visit by arrangement
- Holistic therapist – visits can be arranged
Anchor endeavour to be completely transparent about all our charges and fees. For further information please us.
How much does it cost?
Call us to discuss your specific care needs today
What is included in care home fees?
For many people, moving to a care home is a big decision and it can be difficult to know where to start. Care home fees are based on a range of factors, including specific care needs, which can change over time.
Living in an Anchor care home you can be confident that a single fee covers the cost of your personally tailored 24 hour care and support, utility bills and meals, as well as a fantastic range of daily activities. In an Anchor care home our weekly charge includes:
- cost of personal care
- utilities e.g. heating and light
- all resident catering, meals, snacks and drinks
- laundry undertaken on the premises
- television licence, including for person use
- housekeeping services.
The following extra items and services are not covered by the weekly fees, however we can arrange for them to be provided (at an additional cost):
- professional hairdressing
- personal copies of newspapers or magazines
- personal purchases such as stationery, confectionery, toiletries etc.
- clothing, shoes and slippers
- dry cleaning
- private telephone line rental and calls and cable connections.
In the absence of free provision by the NHS, we can also arrange for the following healthcare services to be provided, these will be charged in addition to the weekly fees:
- other privately arranged healthcare
- care staff accompaniment to regular medical appointments.
No upfront deposit is required at any of Anchor’s care homes to secure a room.
At Anchor we pride ourselves on offering a truly tailored approach to care and therefore need to fully understand your needs to provide you with an accurate fee estimate. Please call us to discuss your specific care needs today. Alternatively we welcome you to visit us to discuss your situation face-to-face.
Want more information on care home fees?
Learning about the different funding options available to you can also help you feel confident in your decisions. Anchor know that securing care home funding can sometimes appear a rather daunting task and so to help we have put together a free guide covering requesting assistance, top up fees and third-party payments.Care home fees
At Bethune Court we have a caring team of well qualified professionals, passionate about what they do and dedicated to ensuring our residents always feel confident that they can rely on a friendly face and helping hand 24-hours a day.
We encourage visits to Bethune Court so you can meet our team and get a feel of what it would be like to live here. You will be able to look around, meet other residents, find out what goes on and ask any questions you may have. It is important to us that you make the right decision and are happy with your choice of new home.
Care Home Manager
The thing that I find most rewarding about my job is seeing residents happy and enjoying themselves. I love being able to make a positive difference to people’s days, so I try to spend as much time with residents as I can. My office door is always open and residents often pop in to say hello. There’s a very friendly, sociable atmosphere at Bethune Court. We have a very caring and dedicated team of staff on hand to meet the individual residents’ needs. We have a full and varied activity programme to include arts and crafts, entertainers and musical events.
I like meeting new people and find helping them through the process of change really rewarding. I look forward to meeting with you and showing you all our home has to offer.
Boscobel Road, St. Leonards on Sea, Hastings, East Sussex, TN38 0LX, 01424 719393
Other Care homes nearby
St Edith's Court
18 Hillside Crescent, Leigh On Sea, Essex, SS9 1EN, 0800 0854153