Care homes The Horseshoe, Banstead, Surrey, SM7 2BQ View on map
Welcome to Greenacres
Anchor’s Greenacres in Banstead, Surrey is a trusted provider of residential care for elderly people, and we offer specialised services for older people who have dementia, or physical learning disabilities.
Our care home’s well trained and helpful staff provide 24-hour care and support to help you maintain your chosen lifestyle, adapting as your needs change.
At Greenacres activities play an important role and we aim to enhance our residents’ quality of life by providing a varied range of social activities.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our catering with our chef preparing meals daily from fresh, seasonal ingredients.
Set in a bustling village with lots of amenities, Greenacres care home is located in its own beautiful grounds, which include patio areas and raised flower beds. It is close to local services and amenities, such as Sutton and Epsom town centres, which are 4 miles away.
Come and visit us at any time. We’re here to help and look forward to giving you a warm welcome.
The service at Greenacres needs some improvement
Shared facilities complementing each private residence:
- Dedicated Activities Co‑ordinator
- Communal lounge
- Hairdressing salon
Care and support
In addition to residential care, we also offer:
- Palliative care
- Huntington's disease
- Dementia care
- Convalescence care
- Parkinson's disease
Food and dining
We promote wellbeing through a positive dining experience:
- Communal dining area
- Nutrition and hydration stations
- Visitors are welcome to join residents for meals
Life at Greenacres
At Greenacres care home, we provide quality 24-hour residential care and specialist care for residents who have dementia, or who have had strokes or suffer from respiratory distress or COPD.
We support and develop our staff on an ongoing basis to enable them to provide the highest quality care for our residents.
At our home we have:
- A library
- A holistic therapy room
- A ‘pets are welcome’ policy by arrangement with the Manager
- A games room
- A hairdressing salon
- A lift to upper floors
- A personal laundry facility and laundry service
- A payphone is available or residents can have their own private phone installed
- Regular religious services and meetings should you wish to take part
- Newspapers which can be ordered and delivered daily to your room
- Wheelchair access and car parking
- Banstead town centre is a 10-minute walk away and can be reached via a foot path
- The nearest hospital is Epsom & St Helier, which 9 miles away
- Banstead Railway Station is 1 mile away
- A theatre, swimming pool, golf course and supermarket are under 8 miles away
Greenacres is a unique, purpose-built residence which was designed to provide residential social care. Set in a quiet location and in its own grounds, some rooms have lovely views of the gardens.
Our home is fully furnished and decorated to a high standard with a call system which ensures that help is at hand 24 hours a day.
We also have:
- 12 individual rooms in each of the 5 units
- Separate kitchen, lounges and dining rooms in all units
- All rooms with views of the gardens
- Some dining rooms open directly onto gardens
- A television point and connections for satellite and digital TV
- Tea-making facilities available to make drinks for you and your visitors
Other accommodation facilities include:
- Cosy lounges with TVs and quiet areas for reading and relaxing
- A wonderful Snoezelen sensory room, particularly soothing and stimulating for residents who have dementia
- A guest suite available for family and friends to stay overnight
- Bathrooms specially equipped so you can relax in comfort
- Safe, enclosed gardens
We encourage you to bring small personal items to enhance your room.
We know how important mealtimes are to our residents, so we always try to make this a sociable and enjoyable experience, whilst recognising individual choice.
Greenacres' Food Promise ensures all our menus offer freshly cooked, appetising and nutritionally balanced meals including:
- Cooked breakfast every day
- Wholesome homemade soup everyday
- Freshly baked biscuits and cakes everyday
- Traditional Sunday Roast
- Fish and Chips weekly
- A variety of snacks available all day
Our Chefs understand the nutritional needs of older people and ensure that our meals are prepared using fresh, seasonal ingredients.
We serve tasty, wholesome dishes and involve residents in selecting our menus at a local level. We offer daily choice of meals and cater for special dietary needs and preferences, helping keep our residents healthy and well nourished.
Our care home has a dedicated Activities Co-ordinator who organises and arranges a variety of opportunities for our residents to enjoy daily activities in our home and in the local community.
We work in partnership with the National Association for Providers of Activities for Older People (NAPA) and encourage activities that enhance our residents’ lifestyle, health and wellbeing.
Residents preferred activities, interests and ability are discussed when they move in and an agreed plan ensures that these requests are fulfilled. Our residents’ suggestions for activities also help shape the planning process.
We organise supervised day trips to leisure facilities and places of interest as well as social events in the home, including themed restaurant evenings, arts and crafts, quizzes and regular entertainers.
At Greenacres our caring and attentive staff work with our residents and their loved ones to create a detailed care plan which ensures our residents individual health and care needs are met.
We know how important it is to care for our residents with the dignity and respect they deserve and this is at the heart of what we do at Greenacres care home.
Our commitment to advanced dementia training for our staff has helped the Department of Health pass its goal of 3,000 Dignity Champions nationwide.
Our health and social care partners include:
- A GP who is available on request
- We have two hairdressers who visit every week
- A private chiropodist visits on request, with the NHS chiropodist who visit every 13 weeks
- A dentist and optician who visit the home
- The district nurse and physiotherapist who visit by arrangement
- Holistic therapist who visits weekly
Anchor endeavour to be completely transparent about all our charges and fees. For further information please us.
How much does it cost?
Call us to discuss your specific care needs today
What is included in care home fees?
For many people, moving to a care home is a big decision and it can be difficult to know where to start. Care home fees are based on a range of factors, including specific care needs, which can change over time. Nevertheless, we all want the best we can afford – whether for ourselves or a loved one.
Living in an Anchor care home you can be confident that a single fee covers the cost of your personally tailored 24 hour care and support, all utility bills and meals as well as a fantastic range of daily activities.
At Anchor we pride ourselves on offering a truly tailored approach to care and therefore need to fully understand your needs to provide you with an accurate fee estimate. Please call us to discuss your specific care needs today. Alternatively we welcome you to visit us to discuss your situation face-to-face.
Want more information on care home fees?
Learning about the different funding options available to you can also help you feel confident in your decisions. Anchor know that securing care home funding can sometimes appear a rather daunting task and so to help we have put together a free guide covering requesting assistance, top up fees and third-party payments.Care home fees
At Greenacres we have a caring team of well qualified professionals, passionate about what they do and dedicated to ensuring our residents always feel confident that they can rely on a friendly face and helping hand 24-hours a day.
We encourage visits to Greenacres so you can meet our team and get a feel of what it would be like to live here. You will be able to look around, meet other residents, find out what goes on and ask any questions you may have. It is important to us that you make the right decision and are happy with your choice of new home.
The team take great pride in the quality of care we offer our residents and welcome you to pop in and see our home for yourself.
The Horseshoe, Banstead, Surrey, SM7 2BQ