What this means for customers
We believe that joining together will be an exciting and positive move for customers/residents.
Please be reassured:
- Your service charge and/or rent/care home fees would not be adversely affected
- Housing customers’ rights as a tenant or leaseholder would not change and there would be no change to care home residents’ rights. This includes your rights under your tenancy or lease and your statutory rights
- Your care or support package would not be affected
- You would not have to move as a result of the merger.
- Any savings that we can achieve over time will be reflected in the level of service charges wherever possible
- Over time, you would begin to see a new logo being used along with the new name: Anchor Hanover Group. But we would bring it in slowly, to keep the cost of changing name to a minimum. Anchor’s care homes would continue to use the Anchor name.
- You would have the reassurance of support from one of the largest telecare providers for older people in the UK
- Improved ways of communicating online, for example, when reporting or tracking repairs
- Customers wishing to move location within the Anchor Hanover Group would have more options, as well as support if moving to a care home run by the new organisation.
We have created a useful, outlining what you need to know about the merger and consultation for Hanover and Anchor tenants and homeowners.
All customers have the opportunity to give their feedback on the proposed merger by the 13th July 2018. Details are available on the consultation and engagement page.